Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Really weird issue - With Example!

I'm in a bit of a tough situation... I have two table charts. One is a detailed level of accounts, the other is an aggregated summary of those accounts at the country level. In the the country level, there is an input field that allows a user to enter in additional balances (at the aggregated level - and these aren't directly associated with specific accounts). The problem is, this value isnt always picked up unless an account is selected on the other chart. So when I select country, with a balance entered, it isnt considered in a summary total. But when I select an account, it will sometimes show up.

I am realizing that I might need to have all the accounts selected at default when a country is selected. Now, I know it appears Qlikview is doing so as it only lists the accounts associated with that country, but since I have no idea where that input field is going, I want to try having all of the accounts for that country selected at default.

So like:

Country          Account

US                    1

US                    2

UK                    3

UK                    4

US                    5

So when a User selects 'US', Accounts 1,2, and 5 are selected on default as well.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

as far as i understand your problem is to distribute input fielld value over accounts when it is given for a country.

check your relation between country / account in your datamodel

and you may declare your input field at account level

regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

Well, they are coming in on the same table. We looked into doing it at account level, unfortunately, there can be hundreds of accounts and it wouldnt be feasible to add these balances (and worse, and accompanying rate) to each record...

Not applicable
Author

Hi

of course, but the fact you record it at account level will store input field in that table.

So if I remember well (it has been a long time)  you can input value at a upper level (country or total) in a pivot table and it will distribute it over accounts

best regards

chris

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I've done some more digging, and thought I would strip apart my dashboard and attach it, because it seems like I am halfway there.

The way this is supposed to work, is that the user will select a client, and in this case, there is only one, and then they have the option to select specific accounts, countries, etc, of just the ID and name. So if you go right to the Incremental Balance and Rate tab, you'll see I entered in balance of 100,000,000 and a Incremental rate of .0005 for the United States. This tab has the totals at the country/currency level.

On the Benefits tab, you see the Untied States has a Global Earnings Allocation of 2,138,999.98 shown in the text field, which isn't correct. If you click the Show Details button, and look at the United States there, and see the Global Credit Earnings of 2,848,596.63, which is correct using the columns formula of (sum(Balance.MONTHLY_AVG_BAL) + [USDE]) * [Final Rate (Exception)]), and if you scroll to the right, you will see the same values in their respective fields. So the table chart picks up the values it needs fine and calculates it at the level I need it, but when I use the formula (Balance.MONTHLY_AVG_BAL + (Balance.InputLocalBalance * Balance.FX_RATE))*(Balance.GLOBAL_ECR + Balance.InputAdditionalIncrementalRate) in the text field (which uses a variable that stores that formula) for the United States, it doesn't use the .0005 rate from the input field. I know Qlikview can see it, because it uses it in the chart, but it somehow becomes 0 when doing it for the field.

I am at a total loss here.

Not applicable
Author

Knowlton

i can't do it now but i will send an example to you as soon as i can

reagrds

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Nevermind! I got it! I changed the Incremental Rate input field to use InputAvg instead of InputSum, and it works perfectly. How and why this works I dont understand though.