Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Regarding Business Objects universe & Qv

Hi Guys,
I have few query related to Business Objects and QlikView.
1) Can QlikView fetch data from Business Objects Universe?
2) Can any one share the pricing difference between these ?
Please share your thoughts and the valuable information.
Thanks In Advance.
Regards,
Ajay
3 Replies
Not applicable

Hey Ajay,

I'm also looking for the same thing, to see whether there's a certain kind of connector that allows QV to connect directly to BO universe.

For the moment, we are doing it all manually. User gives us the BO query, we take the SQL code, modify it, and create a view in Oracle out of it for QV to connect. Quite time consuming when you have complicated requirement.

So, it'd be nice if there's some connector to BO universe.

suniljain
Master
Master

I think you can not connect directly to SAP Busness Object but you can make view of Business object Universe and connect to Qlikview.

Comimng to comparison between Qlikview and BO

1) Qlikview compresses data up to 90% wheres BO Can't

2) Qlikview can handle more than 50 crore of record in data modelling whereas it is tough job for Busoiness Object.

3) Qlikview Business Intelligence impelementation is cheaper compare to BO.

Not applicable

Hi,

I do this often: take some SQL from other reporting tools, analyse it, and reimplement it in QlikView

Sometimes there are huge joins done in BO universe. The copy/pasted SQL does not always work from the first run, or is unacceptably slow,  or you need to do separate fact from dimension tables as save as QVD, or do delta loads.

You need to understand the SQL before working with it.

I wrote a tool to ease analysing huge select statements. Just paste the SQL into www.snowflakejoins.com . Since there is no connection to the database, you need to always use alias.column . Unless there is some complictated formula in SQL,  a diagram will be generated. The joins are simplified == formulas are discarded in order to see the structure. I found no better way to analyse a select over 70 tables.

-Alex