Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove Duplicate Data

Hi All

Some of the data currently in my db are creating duplicate row.  After I combined 3 column namely Shipment_ID, Item_code and ActualDemandQty in "Duplicate" list box as snap shot below it shown the first row is 0 and another with figure 540 in ActualDeliverQty. 

Therefore please advise how should I do to remove the duplicate data which is same Shipment_ID, Item_code and ActualDemandQty but only 0 qty in ActualDeliverQty.

In this discussion I'm attched together with qvw.

Picture2.jpg

Requisitioner aid

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

hairulannuar,

are you sure that these two lines are not part of your original data and that the duplicate was introduced by creating the second table? This is how I interpret your post, maybe I misunderstood you.

It seems to me that the two records are two records actually originating from your source table SHIPMENT_DETAIL. They have different DateTime record, also.

So If you want to remove one line, you should defined how to decide which one to remove, is it only about ActualDeliverQty? Then you maybe could use a where clause in your original load.

Besides that, I noticed that linking your two final tables via multiple fields created a huge synthetic key. Not sure if that's what you want, maybe you want to have a look at this.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Sorry to make you confuse here. These two lines are the original data and I created the duplicate table list to list out all the duplicate data.

The issue was the duplicate data is come from other source of system. I want to remove one of the row (orginal data) which the combined script can be defined as SHIPMENT_ID&'-'&Item_code&'-'&ActualDemandQty where the ActualDeliveryQty is 0 (as per the red box in below snap shot). I did combine all the 3 colums in the Duplicate table list.

Please look through this and assist me on how do I need to remove the duplicate data using the above combined script.

About the synthetic key I'm purposely comment drop table for ShipmentDetails.

Thank you.

Hairul

Picture10.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Anybody can help me in this case.

Requisitioner aid

Hairul