Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove from chart bars with value zero/blank

Hello everyone,

I have a table with variables Amount, Company, Day and Quantity.

table.PNG

I built a bar chart with 3 dimensions: Amount -> Quantity -> Company. In my expression, I used Avg(Quantity). After all steps I got this bar chart:

quant.amount.png

The question is how to remove all Quantity values from X axis if a certain Amount value does not have relative Quantity values. The example is above.

8 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Check the 'Text on Axis' in the Expression Tab..

Not applicable
Author

settu_periasamy‌, it is not text on value. The main aspect is to shift bars to the left by removing unnecessary Quantity values/labels. I don't want large spaces between bars.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to take a deeper look at the issue?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be you can try to remove the Quantity field from your dimension (already it is in expression).. check the below screen shot from reference Manual.

Capture.JPG

I removed the Quantity, and style as 'Stacked'

Capture.JPG

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

It is not possible, Qlikview Reserves equal amount of space for the first dimension values, the axis space is split into equal area.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

settu_periasamy‌, thanks for the advice. However, it works unless there are no duplicate Amount values. If there are, the chart will look like that:

duplicate.png

P.S. I have added data files to the first post.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

I think, it is working fine as per the Dimension. for e.g the Qty -8 is available on the Amount Fields, 15,18,21, 27 12 (These are all Company B) and 24 (This value belongs to Company A.

How do you want to display?

Not applicable
Author

settu_periasamy‌, I thought it is possible to separate both Amount and Quantity. However, if it is not, I will deal with stacked option.