Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report Editor multipage

I am trying to use the Report Editor for the first time.

I have a large straight table which would often (but not always) fill two or more pages. From the reference manual, I gathered that this was the purpose of the "multipage" option in the Report Editor. However, when I choose "multipage", I have two problems:

1 - The only thing I can see on the screen is the textbox containing our logo, which fills the entire page area.

2 - I can't see the table at all. I go to another page in the report, select the table, select "copy item", go to the multi page, select "paste item" and - nothing. No image appears, no outline appears, nothing. When I print, the page is completely blank, except for header/footer info - not even the text box shows up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've searched the web and here for Report Editor tutorial/user guide/anything without success. Does anyone know of any resources?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

Am also relatively new to the "reports" part of QV..  From what I have seen, you need to create a text box (as you have done), but then edit the textbox so that it returns the object id of the report/chart you want to insert...

• right click text box
  • select item settings
  • Enter object ID as per object ID as found in your main doc

Hope this helps...?

Kind regards,

Rich

Not applicable
Author

HI Rich,

Well, at least the table now shows up on the screen. However, my report length has gone from 5 to 24 pages, but when I tried printing the first 5 pages, I got the usual first page, and four blank pages. (The multi-page table was supposed to start on Page 2). Actually, I shouldn't say 'blank' - the header and footer, down to the "Page x of 24", were correct.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if it's worth the effort; maybe I should just export everything to Excel or .pdf and work with tools that 1) are documented, and 2) perform the way the documentation says they will.

I'm very impressed with QlikView as far as the data importation, transformation, and presentation engines go. But the product 'wrapping' - documentation, user guides, support, etc. - is very poor, and I say this as a former tech writer. 

Thanks for your help!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

No worries, must admit I struggled a little with the reports editor as well - but hopefully this is just linked to my poor understanding of this area...

Unsure which route the QV masses go down for their reporting - ie do the majority produce reports in the report editor, or do they simply create macros and export into excel?  I posted this question recently on the forum, but got limited response back, but hopefully someone can enlighten us both...

all the best with the reporting!