cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triekong
Creator
Creator

Restricting Filters From Object

i have a dashboard, and i want to restrict the filter "Question Category" from affecting the "overall CSAT" KPI on my summary page.

i have tried using "alternate states" but it is not working. Am i missing something?

i created 2 Alternate sets and placed my KPI in "Alternate1", and the filter in the other, "Alternate2".

the goal here is to have ONLY the "Overall CSAT" KPI not able to be filtered by the "Question Category" object on the summary page. BUT i want the other KPIs (for example: survey response rate) to be affected by this filter.

i have attached the App

6 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

in the Overall CSAT" KPI  expression add this part  of set analysis {<[Question Category]>}

so your expression should look something like :

sum( {<[Question Category]>} [Overall CAST])

triekong
Creator
Creator
Author

lironbaramthanks for the reply!

what does the set analysis do??

- the "question Category" box seems to not be affecting the "Overall CSAT" KPI, which is good !.

-problem is, it is also not affecting my other KPIs, and i need it to control them.

-i have not included the set analysis in the other KPIs.

-the KPIs are in "Alternate1", while the "question Category" box is in "Alternate2"

what am i missing?

thanks!

i have attached the new App

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

set analysis is setting the selection of fields suppressing any selection made by the user 

did you add the set analysis only to Overall cast Kpi ?

triekong
Creator
Creator
Author

lironbaram

yes i did. should i add it to every KPI?

check out the app and let me know.thanks!

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

no you shouldn't add it to any other KPI

i can't open the app , because it contains section access that limits who can open the app

triekong
Creator
Creator
Author

lironbaram

let me know if this one works!

thanks!