Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Connector Issue

Hi Guys

Whenever i am trying to fetch the data from SAP .. I am Getting an Error Custom Read Failed ......

But please note that it was working fine till Yesterday......

Please find the attachment of SAP Connector Log File data....

Please Help.....

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems like your SAP system is hickuping a lot. Table BSID has trouble delivering data to QlikView, and in the end the SAP Connector gives up. This is probably a borderline issue, getting worse and worse until finally a limit is reached.

You could try to increase the TimeoutFetch value (now at 60 which is a low value, default = 1200) and see whether that gets your extract working again.

(parameters can be set/increased in the CONNECT string, see the SAP Connector User Guide - Chptr Using SAP SQL Connector for more details)

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

hi Peter

Thanks for the reply ..

I have set the TimeOutFetch Value =2400 but still it is showing 60 secs in the log file  don't know why .....

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your version of SAP Connector (fairly old now) has a TimeoutOpen parameter. Try increasing that one. It's also responsible for killing the Batch job if SAP Connector doesn't fetch data within 60 seconds.

You should also have a look in the SAP logs and check for any messages on that side. "Timeout" can have a lot of causes.

Maybe it's also time to start thinking about an upgrade?

Peter