SQL in script, metadata, overtime trend observation
I have some tricky project that I have to do.
it is presenting the trend of something over time.
I have a big dataset and I want to present the status of the dataset.
so I have SQL query that looks like
select count(*) from dataset.
select count(*) from dataset where ~~~
select count(*) from dataset where ~~~ and ~~~
each of these queries gives a snapshot of how the dataset looks like.
but I have to present a trend of the snapshot. so I will run the calculation each day and I hope to add one additional row per day
something that looks like this
so I was planning to take these following steps
1. connect the SQL database to QVD Creator
2. somehow save all the result of calculations into a variable
3. make the variable each column of the data table
4. do an increment load
this is the vague idea that I had in my mind but this does not look promising for few reasons.
1. SQL query does not seem to be running well
2. eventhough I successfully get that result from the query, it will be in a form of table. it will be just 1x1 table but still it is a table so I am wonder how I will be able to put that into a number format so that the variable will be holding a number value.
3. how do I create a table with each variable as a column
please give me an advice on any of the process. I want to make progress after getting some advice.