Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Save As while Saving Document

Hi,

We have a couple of application documents that when we save them, the Save As dialog comes up with the respective option to choose where to save the file.

This is not the way all other app documents behave.  When we save them, they get save and that is the end of it.

Why do these app documents behave different?  Is there a document or QV property that controls this behavior?

Thanks for any help or hints.

Luis

5 Replies
Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator

Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem!

kji
Employee
Employee

I believe this will happen if you perform some kind of data reduction (to avoid saving a reduced data-set by mistake), maybe you are using data reduction based on section acces for these documents?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You probably have section access in these documents where you have this (see in the load script for the section access statement) What happens is that after changing something in a qvw with section access, the access restriction is no longer valid until you do a reload. When you don't, the qvw will prompt to save as, as a sort of notification that the section access is no longer valid.

Karl_Hart
Creator
Creator

Thanks guys, that seems to be the case.

So I believe this is preventing the document from running overnight as part of the management console process.

Does that mean I cant have section access on a report I want to schedule to update overnight? Or is there something I need to add to the script to get around it?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

A scheduled reload should work fine, I have a few of those running without problem. The qv server however is managed by someone else, so I'm not sure whether there any specifics in scheduling the reload for these qvw's, but I imagine not.