Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakisback
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Scan folder and move most recent file

Hello Community,

Is it possible to use Qlikview to scan a folder where we have different files

like A-xxxx, A-yyyyy, B-zzzzz

I'd like in the load script to only read and process the most recent A- or B- file

By most recent I mean the greater number after A- or B- or C- etc...

By doing that I'd also like the most recent files to be moved in a different folder then be loaded in Qlik while the file that have not been read moved to another file.

I have no clue how to start on this question so any help would be great.

Enclosed is a zip containing an examples of files and architecture of the folder I use

In advance thank you for your help.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You could use a dirlist/filelist loop to get all files with a certain name-pattern and within the loop you could further check parts of it and/or using them within file-functions like filetime(). Here an example which just checked if the name-part is bigger as the default value but it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to your requirement:

for each vFile in filelist('$(pApp@L11@QVD)Rawdata_*.qvd')
   if subfield(subfield('$(vFile)', '.', -2), '_', -1) >= 201901 then
      Rawdata: load * FROM [$(vFile)] (qvd);
   end if
next

In your case you may not load the data within the loop else just using it to store the latest file-name and so on within variables which are then used to load and move the files. For moving the files you could use EXECUTE to start a cmd which moves/copies the files - an example could you find here: EXECUTE-command-to-move-files-listed-in-an-XLSX-or-TXT.

- Marcus