Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jliotine
Contributor
Contributor

Scanning QVWs for text

We are moving tow of our databases to a new server.  I have about 400 QVWS that I need to scan to see if they reference the databases that are moving.  Anyone know of a way I can do this without having to open each one at a time?  I think it can be done with the governance dashboard, but I cant Figure out how. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Open the qvw with an editor like notepad++ and then search for your database - I assume that you find this information by LineageInfo --> Discriminator. If the approach worked you may create an appropriate batch (or adjust something similar which you will probably find with google). Maybe easier could be to use Qlik which could read these information if the qvw is read as xml - for an appropriate loop-logic with dirlist/filelist take a look on the help by for each ...

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other option would potentially be the Governance Dashboard:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/QV_GovDashboard/What.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.