Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scraping / scanning QV files for Impact Analysis - anything that can automate this

Our Qlikview environment has grown steadily for the last 3+ years in a very evolutionary fashion. We are currently trying to conduct an Impact Analysis - i.e. what applications are pulling data from what source(s) and where do they output to, etc. We have literally thousands of scripts within our QV files in hundreds of folder, and are currently conducting a manual inventory. We'd like to automate the process. Anyone else trying to do this?

We're hoping to re-architect our applications more cleanly and consistently. But with shared files, as we change names and locations of files, this will affect other applications. So we need to be comprehensive in our approach.

We do have log files that may be a potential source for easier extraction. If you have any ideas they are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Doug

BTW, we are currently QV 8.5, migrating to v10 SR2.

1 Reply
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I saw a very nice app at Qonnections where they use the improved metadata layer to read info regarding logs, qvds adn qvws.

In the new QV 10 SR2, QV Developer creates an xml header on QVW files.

I don't know if this app is already available but I can help a lot (at least with part of this task)

If someone can share it, I'd appreciate!