cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Error

Hi,

Please help me with the below issue.

while trying to load Qlikview application, the Script stops and does not proceed further. please find the below screen shot.

Capture.JPG.jpg

Regards,

Hitha Dhani

11 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi hitda,

I guess its an issue with your data sourse, might be its huge and its taking time to load data.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

May be it is taking time to load the data, sometimes this happens when you load large set of data, just leave it for some time an hour or so.

If you want to check load some limited data and check whether there is any issue.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

thank you KC and Jagan.

guessing data size might be the issue, i have restricted the data and loaded it.

while i run the script in the debug mode , it says script finished and closes the entire application.

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

Either there is problem with the data set you are trying to load or a lot of synthetic keys/Circular references have been created in this data set. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alkesh,

thank you.

i have created multiple layers before loading the data into the dashboard.

if it was the case of synthetic key these layers would have not loaded as well.

but the layers are loading fine. only the main dashboard script is failing.

can this be due to the number of tables or charts or tabs used at the front end ?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try filtering using the where condition instead using Debug mode.

Regards,

Jagan.

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

Why are you connecting to the same database twice.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Good question .  Also consider adding the following in front of each table to load only 10 rows of data in each load. If it still hangs/fails a look at the overall load script could yield more insight.

Top 10;

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

I second that you most likely are creating circular references and synthetic keys.

Ensure that there is only one field in each table that needs to be associated. Here is a link to a good video explaining how to create a data model.

Creating a Data Model