Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelfentondata
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Script execution finished successfully, then script failed message (QV 11.20 SR5)

I had a problem with a document that was failing after an apparently successful script execution.  There was nothing complicated in the script (no QVD files or input fields) and it completed in 37 seconds.  The log file gave no errors and the final line read "Execution finished.".

However, when I clicked "Close" it gave the script failed message and forced me to reload old data.

I tried restarting QlikView, deleting the log file and restarting my computer, but the problem remained.

In the end, I opened the document "Without Data" and the problem has disappeared.  I do not know what caused it, but opening without data fixed it.

I am using QV Desktop 11.20 SR5 and posting this in case anyone else has similar issues.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me when trying to write qvds.

after debugging, these were the root causes:

1 - Space: do you have enough disk space to write your qvd?

2 - if you are trying to overwrite a qvd, this sometimes happened. you will need to manually delete the previous qvd

3 - a variable declared in the script inherited a junk value and kept my script failing. setting it to null() for a single time solved it.

hope this hepls,

E