Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

Search Object Rename fields

Hi guys,

I need to change the name shown in search object box in QlikView, My dimension has a Name Dim1, and I would like change the name shown in search object box to Product.

It is possible? The only way is rename in script? or

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Yes, it must be done within the script but this is easy and mustn't mandatory be directly within the load-statements else you could use ALIAS or RENAME (the last could be applied with a mapping as the last step within the script to avoid any changes on the existing scripting). See also: How-to-Rename-Fields.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

I am pretty sure you would have to change that in the script as there is no way to do it in the Search object properties.

marcus_sommer

Yes, it must be done within the script but this is easy and mustn't mandatory be directly within the load-statements else you could use ALIAS or RENAME (the last could be applied with a mapping as the last step within the script to avoid any changes on the existing scripting). See also: How-to-Rename-Fields.

- Marcus