Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access/ Field security

Is there a way to allow mulitiple critieria for data reduction or section access?

I would like grant to access to users by Sales Office values. There is also additional information that does not have this field. I would like users to see normal Sales Activity and Perfromance information by their Sales office and see all Distribution Sales information with no selection value.

This is because the Sales offices do direct sales for my company and they also manage distribution sales and need to see all distribution activity with no filtering?

My question is how do you set section access or loop and reduction settings to allow users access to one application to see some filtered data and then all data for other information.

7 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Karen,

I couldn't get a picture of your Data Model with the info you provided. I'm guessing the first field is 'Sales Office', is 'Distribution Sales' another field or part of the same?

I think we could better help if you post a picture of your Data Model...

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Mike,

Thank you for your response. I have been working hard this week to upgrade our QV8.5 to V9. Finally got this accomplished. Trying to play catch-up.

Backlog_Detail is my main table that has various data, such as Sales, Forecast, POS Sales, etc. Most of the data joins to our customer Master by Sales code. From cusotmer master we use Sales office field to filter the data in Backlog_Detail. I don't want to filter any of POS Sales from BACKLOG_DETAIL. I would like to user all POS Sales data, but filter on Sales Office for all other detail in BACKLOG_DETAIL.

I hope you understand this explaination. I look forward to your response.

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Karen,

Maybe this post can help you out a little.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/23405/89445.aspx

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My problem is that the two fields that I would like to use are in two different tables. Can the security tables be stand alone? If not, I will create synthetic keys and loops. Any suggestions?

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can anyone assist on how I can allow users access to application based on two different fields in two different data tables?

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Mike,

The link did help me out some. I gave up on trying to use two tables and two different fields for section access. I instead mapped 2nd field into first table. I have a restrict 1 and restrict 2. Admin can log on and see everything, but 'users' profiles are denied access. Any ideas????

Not applicable

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Did you got the solution?