cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access Issue

Hi All,

i have issue on section access,my server is running on 'X' domain and NT users are available on 'Y' and 'Z' domains.

here my issue is i want grant access to Y and Z domain users.

Place help me to sort out the issue.

advanced thanks for help.

SHAIK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Khadar,

1. add multiple domains in here (QMC):

ADinstellen.PNG.png

2. This could be done on your Domain Controller, but i don't know where and how. You should ask a system engineer for this (or check google )

Dirk

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

The different domains should be set as Trusted Domains (windows) and you have to add these LDAP's to your QMC.

The users of Y and Z domain need access to the document. You can specify different domains in your section access.

Dirk

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your reply,according to you,i want to do LDAP configurations in QMC,

i have small doubt

1.how can i add  other domain users  (Y,Z) into X domain.

2.how can we SET a other domain as trust domain,can you please explain.

Thanks

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Khadar,

1. add multiple domains in here (QMC):

ADinstellen.PNG.png

2. This could be done on your Domain Controller, but i don't know where and how. You should ask a system engineer for this (or check google )

Dirk

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

• You don't add users to a second domain, you leave them where they are. However you should tell your section access table that some Users are defined in another domain by specifying DomainY\User2 and DomainZ\User3 as NTNAME values. Don't forget to assing CALs to DomainY\User2 and DomainZ\User3. You can only do this if you define DSCs for the other domains, or QlikView won't find the definition of these users.
  • Contact your IT administrator. That's a Windows AD configuration job and I guess you won't be allowed to change such things by yourself.

Peter