Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherazade
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access data reduction / RELOAD

Hi... I'm lost....

there is a way to use data reduction during reload also? I tried to make a section access with a list of possible field data reduction and works fine opening the qvw, but if I reload ALL data are shown...

ok I know I can disable the user reload, but what I'm looking for is using this "filter" during a reload.... there is no way?

thanks a lot!

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As I see it, what you should be thinking of is making reloads via QlikView Server instead of local copy of Desktop because, at the time the document is open and the user is allowed to reload, yes, the user will see all information.

You could use a variable or a value in the field to set a WHERE clause in each LOAD sentence so depending on the user that has logged in, the information is loaded for one user or another. This is the only way I know to limit data from the source.

The thing is that if you save the document, the document will be saved reduced, so when another user logs in after saving, won't see any information unless it matches the previous user logon details. That's why, when you reload, you see all information, to be able to save the whole document with all rows, then let QlikView do the reduction in memory.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

sherazade
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel, thanks for your kind answer... yes, I already created a where to filter... I was looking for a different approach but maybe it's a bad idea.....

There is no wind that blows right for the sailor who doesn't know where the harbour is.

Norwegian Proverb

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:32:09 -0500

To: alsailor@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Section Access data reduction / RELOAD

QlikCommunity

Re: Section Access data reduction / RELOAD

created by Miguel Angel Baeyens in New to QlikView - View the full discussion

Hi, As I see it, what you should be thinking of is making reloads via QlikView Server instead of local copy of Desktop because, at the time the document is open and the user is allowed to reload, yes, the user will see all information. You could use a variable or a value in the field to set a WHERE clause in each LOAD sentence so depending on the user that has logged in, the information is loaded for one user or another. This is the only way I know to limit data from the source. The thing is that if you save the document, the document will be saved reduced, so when another user logs in after saving, won't see any information unless it matches the previous user logon details. That's why, when you reload, you see all information, to be able to save the whole document with all rows, then let QlikView do the reduction in memory. Hope that helps. Miguel

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in New to QlikView by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB

Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA