Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Section Access issue

Hello, everyone.

I came across a strange situation and i don't know what is going wrong.

I have created a document with Section Access enabled and data reduction based on it.

I am testing if it works well but the changes i am doing to a certain user to check his rights don't seem to work...

He was an admin, i made him a user, then i restricted his data according to a specific business unit  and everything worked but when i tried to make him an admin again with unlimited data access it doesn't work...

I have tried restarting the Qlik services but no luck...

Any ideas? 

Father/Husband/BI Developer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The solution is hidden in this link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/QlikView-Section-Access-Examples/ta-p/1492719

specificaly in the Section Access Example Number 4, i should have searched the forum a little more before posting.

Thank you for your time! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

How does your section access look like? Could you expand a bit more on 'it doesn't work'?

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It looks like this

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, NTNAME, FUNCTIONCODE
    ADMIN, DOMAIN\ADMIN1, *
    ADMIN, DOMAIN\ADMIN2, *
    USER, DOMAIN\USER1, *
    USER, DOMAIN\USER2, *
    USER, DOMAIN\USER3, *
    USER, DOMAIN\USER4, PH03
];

Section Application;

Star is *;

When i tried to change one of the users in order to test data reduction functionality, the changes weren't reversed in the Access Point when i changed it back to the original settings.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In access point, the ADMIN is also treated as USER. The admin role is meaningful when you are working in desktop client.

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok, understood, we use ADMIN only for developers. You think that this is causing the problem?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

The developers would probably develop in qlikview desktop (unlike qlik sense) and there they would not see this issue. However, in access point ADMINs are also USERS so they would see the data which is explicitly allowed in section access and NOT like default all data for admins.

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The solution is hidden in this link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/QlikView-Section-Access-Examples/ta-p/1492719

specificaly in the Section Access Example Number 4, i should have searched the forum a little more before posting.

Thank you for your time!