Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diffeyj
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access removing fields

Hi All,

I had a Qlikview file that was working all nice and everything. I added in section access and fields non relating to the section access decided to disappear from tables.

Capture.PNG.png

The image on the left is the "before" and the image on the right is the "after". It is worth mentioning that the left image shows correct when I reload, it is only when I open the file and after it reduces the data that the tables appear to break.

The file has Initial data reduction based on section access, with strict exclusion ticked. What I don't understand is that the graphs appear to be working correctly even though the tables are no longer linked. The example is that there is a field called myCRMSVAsset in the LineItems table (which remains) however in the Assets table it disappears. There are other fields in other tables that disappear as well. So far it appears to only be fields that are linking tables.

Any ideas on why fields would disappear? I get records no longer being there, but fields???

1 Reply
jldengra
Creator
Creator

Hi, Joshua.

In order to effectively see what the section access is doing, you can replicate its tables into the Section Application, reload the document and simulate by selections how the Section Access is working when you open the document and section access reduction is applied.

I have developed different kinds of access sections and whenever its behavior seems unexpected, the only way I found to check what is happening is by adding its tables to the QlikView data model by including them into the application section. Once the problem is detected and corrected, the replicated tables can be dropped from the application section.

I hope this helps.