Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

See what reports in an application that are really used

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to find out which reports in an application that are actually being used.

At the moment it is difficult to remove anything in an application becuse no one knows what is being used (only what each user uses) .

I was hoping the meta scanner or the meta scanner combined with the meta monitor would be able to show this.

But looking at them I can not see this being handled.

Does anyone know if this can be handled with the meta scanner?

Or if there is any other way to handle this.

br

Martin

5 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

HI,

I never used it before, but you should check the audit log ( QVS version 10 and above)

To enable it:

QEMC -> System -> Setup -> Qlikview Server -> Logging. -> Enable audit logging of client activity.

To read it:

The logs are stored in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QVS and start in AUDIT_*.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer.

I will try it out and report back if it works or not.

br

Martin

Not applicable
Author

Hey Martin,

Did you get it to work? I couldn't find the use of reports in the log files.

Maybe you suceeded?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Martin,

I just tried it out with QlikView server 11 and publisher.

If you have a template with a report you can check the 'Audit_SERVERNAME_DATE.log'.

It will give you feedback whether a report has been opened:

"2011-12-15 03:18:49          2011-12-20 13:34:48          C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QV11SystemMonitor.qvw          Report          INFOMOTION\Gert Jan Feick          Accessed report RP01

2011-12-15 03:18:49          2011-12-20 13:35:33          C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QV11SystemMonitor.qvw          Bookmark          INFOMOTION\Gert Jan Feick          Apply"

The new QlikView 11 System Monitor also has this data on the TAB QVS Audit Log

Hope this helps!

With kind regards,Gert Jan

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Yes we got it to work.

There is a small problem however.

When combning the Audit_ log with the Sessions log we do not have anyting that links them together with 100% accuracy.

The reason is that in the Audit_  log entries are made when the selections are made but inte entry in the sessions log is not created until the session is ended.

We are also connected anonymously so we can not say for sure which user is doing what.

But for understanding which reports that are actually being used it is working.

Thank you for the suggestion.

br

Martin