Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

Select Excluded when 'Always one Selected Value' enabled

Hello,

I have a column(DIM1) as a filter and have 'Always One Selected Value' enabled on the column. And I wanted to select an Excluded value from another column(DIM2). By default Qlikview doesn’t reset any column until we make a different selection on DIM1 column.

Eg: DIM1 is set to 'Always One Selected Value'

I have 'A' selected on Dim1 and it shows up all associated values on Dim2. Now, I wanted to select 'd' from Dim2 (This doesn’t work by default)

I wanted to check, if there is a possibility to achieve the above. please share your thoughts

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

From the above example, the value "A" selected from DIM1 is associated with oly the values "a" and "b" with DIM2. But, none of the others are associated from your table records. So, It's not possible to select value "d" from DIM2.

Please explain your requirement clearly. I mean, in which scenario you wanted to select "d" from DIM2.

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Helllo,

You are right. we can't select 'd' from 'Dim2' - only when you have 'Always One Selected Value' on a Column(Dim1 in my example).

In normal scenario( 'Always One Selected Value' - Disabled), when you select 'd' and Qlikview clears all filters and refresh the associated data for 'd' in other filters.

I wanted to check if we can achieve the normal scenario above, when you have 'Always One Selected Value' on a column.

Let me know in case of any further clarification.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

I think this is not possible. But, not sure if Macro's can give the solution for this problem.

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Venu. Lets see if some one else can provide a solution.