cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaylaramsey2
Partner - Contributor III

Select In Field Trigger. Select one filter to force the selection of another

I'm struggling with my Select In Field Trigger.

I have a container object with 3 different charts in them.  One of the charts has Patient, ComplicationNM, and ComplicationNBR.  The ComplicationNBR can either be 1 or 0 (I'm using this field as a Numerator vs Denominator).  What I would like to have happen is whenever a ComplicationNM is selected I would like the ComplicationNBR to always be 1.

I need to use a trigger to force the other 2 charts in the container object to show my new population.

Anyone able to help?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can't you do something in your expression like:

=if( getselectedcount(ComplicationNM)>0, only({< ComplicationNBR = {"1"} >} ComplicationNBR), only(ComplicationNBR))

Let me know if that works. It would help to see your expressions if it doesn't.

Thanks,

Ben

kaylaramsey2
Author

That didn't seem to work for my trigger.  I was doing an 'OnActivateSheet' Trigger with the Field being ComplicationNM and the Search String as the expression you suggested.

Again,  It has to be a trigger to force the other charts on the same page to filter on ComplicationNBR = '1' when a ComplicationNM is selected.

What you provided I think would work if I was only worried about the one chart but I need two other charts to function the same.  I suppose I could add that expression in each chart but I think I would rather use a trigger.

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try:

Go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers > Field Event Triggers > Select ComplicationNM field and then click Add Action(s) button under OnSelect > Add 'Select in Field' action > Type in ComplicationNBR for the Field >  Type in =1 in the Search String box.

Now whenever ComplicationNM field is selected, ComplicationNBR should automatically filter on 1.

Thanks,

Ben