Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tavas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Select multiple options within a toggle button

Hi everyone,

I've seen some posts regarding this issue, but nothing I felt I could apply in my specific situation.

So, I have a button that allows me to select multiple measures: A, B, C and D. I did this by using the inline function in Load Editor.

Let's say that option A and B affect an area layer I created, and C and D affect point layers.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to select, for example, A and C, which would show the area and point layer at the same time. So far, I can select one at a time and things work pretty well, but if I select two measures at the same time then it doesn't work anymore.

Extra information:

For example, for my area layer "Potatoes" in Colors I have the following custom measure:

=if(Measure = 'A', SUM(potatoes))

Hope any one can help me with this!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tavas
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nevermind, solved! 🙂

I basically created 2 inline functions (Measures_A, Measures_B). Then, I created a Drill-down Measure and voila!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

you may have to add a QVW to easily understand your problem.  in general i would use the if statement to make the measure conditional instead of adding it directly to the measure expression.  

you will then have 4 expressions and each expression will have the condition to show or not depending on the toggle values.

Tavas
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately, I can't share a QVW since it contains confidential information from my company.

But, for example, is it possible to have a VizLib Filter with the following characteristics:

Select a Measure

• Option A
    • Option A-1
    • Option A-2
  • Option B
    • Option B-1
    • Option B-2

I'd like to be able to choose one option in A and one option in B at the same time. Instead of having two filter buttons (as you can see in the below image), I'd have one inside the other, if that makes sense.

Tavas_0-1606987872545.png

Tavas
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nevermind, solved! 🙂

I basically created 2 inline functions (Measures_A, Measures_B). Then, I created a Drill-down Measure and voila!