cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prifgian
Contributor
Contributor

Select predefined fields from a qvd

I would like to select some fields from a table that I have defined in another table.

For example, I have the following Excel: 

FieldTableQVD
FechaBoth
nro_fichaBoth
temp_aguaStates
temp_aceite_motorStates
prioridadDefinitions

LOAD
Field,
TableQVD
FROM [\\Tiempo datos qlik.xlsx]

What I need to do is based on the data in this table, to select from 2 qvd (States and Definitions) that have many fields, only the fields that appear in the table accorrding to the clasification.

That is, from Definitions.qvd just select the fields Fecha, nro_ficha and prioridad. And from States.qvd select the fields nro_ficha, temp_agua and temp_aceite_motor.

I need the Excel because the fields that I have to select will vary over the time, and the people who decide wich ones are going to be selected are from another deparment.

Thanks!

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

about the best I have is probably only part of the solution, but hopefully helps you with that aspect of things, and I am including the base Design Blog link, so you can use that to search all the other posts out there on the other aspects I have not hit upon, I believe you should be able to find lots of different examples on how you might go about things in this case.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Slowly-Changing-Dimensions/ba-p/1464187

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

This will also kick things back to the top of the list too, so maybe someone else will have another look and have some other ideas, sorry I am not more help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.