Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting NULL-Values

Hello everybody

I have some Problems with a SetAnalysis Expression.

I try to select values based on a field (Z_ZahlungsCode) that only contains two values. These values are NULL or the character "*".

If I use this expression:

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]={"*"}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

I get the the correct results (the sum of all records where Z_Zahlungscode is *)

But actually I want it the other way around. I would like to have the sum of all records with the NULL-Value. I tried different things like

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]={""}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]=NULL>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]-={"*"}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]=0>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

But all these variations did not work. The result was allways Sum = 0

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks a lot

Achim

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]={"=NullCount([Z_ZahlungsCode]) > 0"}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

or

Sum({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]={"=Len(Trim([Z_ZahlungsCode])) = 0"}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

or

Sum({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, [Z_ZahlungsCode]={"=IsNull([Z_ZahlungsCode])"}>}[Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would suggest using something like

Sum ({$<[R_Debitor_abgschlossen]={"YES"}, KeyField = e({< [Z_ZahlungsCode]={"*"}>}) >} [Z_ZahlungsBetrag])

See also

Excluding values in Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny

Thank you for your help. Unfortunatly this does not work.

Maybe it is an issue of the database and the datamodel that I use. As you can see below. I have two records for each bill (bill number in first colum, highlighted in green). One record stands for the sum on the bill (highlighted in yellow) indicated bei the *(highlighted in pink). I can calculate a sum on these records with the * (see Chart, red bar). I also opend a list box to filter the field "Z_Zahlungscode". But if you can see, there ist only the * that I can select. In the table below the "NULL"-Values seem to be indicated bei a "-".

Maybe you have another idea.

Achim

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Thank you for your help. Unfortunatly this does not work.

Maybe it is an issue of the database and the datamodel that I use. As you can see below. I have two records for each bill (bill number in first colum, highlighted in green). One record stands for the sum on the bill (highlighted in yellow) indicated bei the *(highlighted in pink). I can calculate a sum on these records with the * (see Chart, red bar). I also opend a list box to filter the field "Z_Zahlungscode". But if you can see, there ist only the * that I can select. In the table below the "NULL"-Values seem to be indicated bei a "-".

Maybe you have another idea.

Achim

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What have you used as KeyField? You need to use a KeyField that with unique values for the single lines in your table.