Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection eraser isn't working

I use Qlikview at work through an access point, and recently downloaded the free "Personal Edition" of Qlikview in order to be able to further develop the QVW's I have access to.

I'm not sure if I changed a setting unintentionally, but now when I make a selection and try to clear it using the eraser icon, nothing happens. Anybody have any thoughts?

I have tried playing with a few settings like "Reset clear state" and unlocking selections, but nothing seems to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

Do check whether,

Current selections.PNG

Clear Icons is Checked or not

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Is Eraser not working means,

• Any lock field is kept as action.
  • At Clear button any state is set means reset the state
  • Is there any Calculated dimension set like aggr(only({$<Date={'01/01/2016'}>} Order),order)

Check this,

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, none of these suggestions appear to be working. Let me try to be a little more specific:

-The issue occurs with ALL sheets on ALL QVW's that I have access to, so I don't think it has to do with a setting of just one list box or current selections box.

The eraser icons appear normal (the "clear icons" box is checked in all of my current selection boxes), but when I click them they do not clear the selection.

-The eraser icons were working fine until I installed the personal edition of Qlikview - I didn't add any calculated dimensions such as the one you suggested.

-Hitting "Unlock" does not solve the issue, and I've tried "Reset Clear State" as well but it still doesn't work.

-When I go to the "Current Selections" option on the standard navigation tab at the top of the screen, I am able to clear selections by right clicking and selecting "Clear." But if I go to any physical "Current Selections" boxes, right clicking and clicking "Clear" does not work, nor do the eraser icons.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions or thoughts - I appreciate the help!

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Can you Post your Sample app if possible.

-Hirish

HirisH
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't -

The apps are remote as I believe they are held on our company server - so I do not have access to the source file. When I create my own new QVW the issue isn't occuring.

Thanks for your help and patience,

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Does this issue occur on the Access point itself  or on QV Desktop to on your Server !!

HirisH
Not applicable
Author

The issue occurs in both places - in the Qlikview personal edition that I installed on my desktop, as well as the Access Point.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Can you please share a screen shot of it!

-Hirish

HirisH
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Did you try un-install ,restart and install again?

hth
Sasi