Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection in one sheet should reflect in second sheet but not third sheet

Hi,

Is it possible to have a selection made in one sheet reflected in second sheet but not in third ,fourth, fifth sheet?

for example: sheet 1 and sheet 2 should share same set of selections and sheet 3,4 and 5 should share a different set of selection.

Also if I move from sheet 1 or 2 to sheet 3 or 4 or 5 and back to sheet 1or 2, the selections that i had made on sheet 1 should remain.

Thanks and Regards

Raj

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Raj,

The gurus at QlikTech are one step ahead of you and are implementing this in QV11 (or at least, that's the plan for now). In the meantime, you need to rely on set analysis to exclude selections on those other sheets.

Regards,

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Until this new functionality is available, you can implement a set of Actions, triggered on Sheet Activation, and save and restore relevant selections every time a certain tab is being open. This may or may not work in the AJAX environment, needs to be tested...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

I am new to QV. Is it possible for you to explain how to do this using actions, triggers with a sample?

Regards

Raj

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Raj,

unfortunately, I don't have a ready sample... maybe someone else does... If you are new to QlikView, it might be too complex for you at this point...

Not applicable
Author

Was this functionality in fact, released in QV 11?  I'd like to do exactly what arunraj444 posted initally, and have QlikView 11.  Thanks!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yes! This functionality is called "Alternate State" analysis. You can read more about it in the QV Reference Manual, pages 124 - 125, as well as on this forum.

Regards,

Vlad