Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection of "-in" type - off the shelf

Hi All,

As an example I take two picklists from the executive example dashboard :

- picklist Seg Desc

- picklist product sub group

I would like to exclude sub group "2" specifically as being part of Segment "Bottle Shops".

In order to do so I select both values in the picklists, but when I want to exlude the specific combination it does not work.

When selecting exclude in both of them i retrieve everything except sub group 2 and

everything except bottle shops

For instance the combination 3,bottle shops  should exist but sadly after selecting does not

I took another approach the second run:

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Say your script is as follows:

Data:

LOAD *, Segment & '/' & SubGroup AS FieldToSelect INLINE [

Segment, SubGroup

Bottles, 1

Bottles, 2

Bottles, 3

Bricks, 1

Bricks, 2

Bricks, 3

];

Segment and SubGroup are fields pulled from the data source, and FieldToSelect is a created in the LOAD part. Create a new listbox, go to the listbox properties and select "Show as TreeView". Expand, do the selectionts in this new field, and right click to Select Excluded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Say your script is as follows:

Data:

LOAD *, Segment & '/' & SubGroup AS FieldToSelect INLINE [

Segment, SubGroup

Bottles, 1

Bottles, 2

Bottles, 3

Bricks, 1

Bricks, 2

Bricks, 3

];

Segment and SubGroup are fields pulled from the data source, and FieldToSelect is a created in the LOAD part. Create a new listbox, go to the listbox properties and select "Show as TreeView". Expand, do the selectionts in this new field, and right click to Select Excluded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you this worked out well for aforementioned case

Maybe you are known with the case beneath also which is my actual case:

- I am using variables to fill the picklists. So these picklist fields can change, the user actually chooses the fields to sclice the data upon (and at the background I use these variables).

- I tried to use an expression to merge the values of these variables but , although it shows a nice merge in the   merge picklist, it won't do a proper select. Probably the merge within an expression resides at a very different layer in comparison to the selection using an expression

Now I am trying to create a statement in the load script using the chosen variables by the user

Not applicable
Author

Ok, Happily it worked out to put the concatenation in the script using the variables which is now able to merge anything being chosen

I used:

$(vChosenDimension)&' '&$(vChosenDimension2) AS [Composite]