Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send to Excel doesn't work

Hi,

I am having a problem with the function "Send to Excel" from an object in QV Desktop. After clicking "send to Excel" MS Notes is opening in .csv format instead of Excel. How can I export to Excel again (this was working all the time before)?

My user preferences for Export are:

UserPref.Export.png

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi,

Can you please check anything related to file association.

Can you check by double clicking on any of the existing excel file and see what happens?

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the hint.

The file association for *csv was wrong - I have now changed it to Excel and the function "send to Excel" is working again.

This link was helpful for changing the file association in Win7:

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t19.html

Not applicable
Author

After changing the association for *csv files to Excel, Excel is at least starting after pressing the XL icon on a QV object. BUT, the Excel fil is still in a "csv" format. What do I have to configurate to have the Excel export in "Excel Workbook"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to the user prefferences (Ctrl +Alt + U) and see if your setting are like these below:

excelpref.JPG

Hope this helps

Cheers!

isam

Not applicable
Author

Yes my user prefferences are exacly like your image. The export is still in Excel with csv format.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

I haven’t found the solution jet. However if you right click on your qlikview object and choose export:

You should get a something like this:

Now choose Excel as file type.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

For some strange reason... it's working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool. I’m curious how to what the caused it :D. But it works so that’s what’s important!

Not applicable
Author

I have just recently had a similar issue, but with the ajax client.  On one user's machine and Firefox 8, clicking the 'XL' button on a straight table opens a new browser tab with the data and a .csv extension.  Earlier in the day it was sending to excel as expected on this user's machine.

Tested on a different machine and also using Firefox 8 the same button on the same table exports to excel as expected.

I do not understand what circumstances cause that button to produce a .csv file instead of a .xls, but I would like to.