Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Separate script for each tab of the report

Hi All,

I have to prepare a multitab report, one tab for open data, other tab for closed data,etc. I have separate excel worksheets for each open,closed data as data source in QlikView.,

Is there a way to assign a particular table to a particular tab on a Qlikview report i.e . Open excel sheet data to tab containing open report, Closed for closed tab,etc.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you not simply load tables A and B, and then use the fields from table A on tab A, and the fields from table B in tab B?

Not applicable
Author

Whenever I am trying to load Table 1 in Tab1,it shows all the tables. My need is to show a report where each table belongs to only one tab.This will reduce the duplicacy of selecting all the table fields, I will only select fields pertianing to each table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I guess (like Eugene suggests) you'll have to load the different Excel files into different tables, and reference only fields from one table on one tab.

If your problem is loading the Excel files into different tables (instead of loading everything into one big table), try the following:

1. Use the 'qualify' statement to ensure that the tables aren't linked on fields you don't want to link
  2. Use 'NOCONCATENATE LOAD...' to prevent QlikView from loading the second Excel file in the first Excel file's table just because field names are the same

Hope this helps,

Martijn