cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Server does not exist on load

Hi there,

Not sure if anyone experienced this error before but I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am connecting to a SQL database using service accounts to which "read and execute" permissions were granted. In the script, I can create the connection string successfully and I can see the SQL database and tables. However, once I run the reload via QMC, the model errors and the below error is on the log file.

"ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found."

Can anyone maybe shed some light as to what the problem might be?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QDS doesn't recognize your Data Source or Server name. Please post your Conneciton String. You can replace any explicit username or password values with x's.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Here's the string.

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=AFGroupComplaints_MSCRM;Data Source=AFJHB1CRM16DBQ1\SQL01;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=DB87-27D5;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

avinashelite

check whether the QA service account has access for the Server

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QlikView server platform has no knowledge about your data source and no ability to figure out where AFJHB1CRM16DBQ1\SQL01 is located. Can you try with the IP-address of the server that is running your database?