Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Session CAL Timeouts (User Dedicated & Shared)

So I have been reading on timeouts in quite a few posts and I am aware there us a server setting in Management Console as well as individual documents. We have dozens of reports in our environment as well as 20 user dedicated CALs  and 1 shared CAL for less frequent users.

The issue I am having is similar to others. We have users that have a dedicated CAL that use QV in a meeting, when they stop to discuss and come back to a report, all of their selections are gone and the have been timed out. I want to be able to allow users to not be timed out in meetings, but without affecting the Shared CAL. The Shared needs a short timeout in case another person who uses the this CAL needs to access a report and another user leaves the report open on their desktop when they are finished.

I assuming even if you change the server "Maximum Inactive Session Time", the document setting trumps that if it is lower. I also don't want to have to go into every single report we have and change these settings

0 Replies