Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Greater than (fractile)

Hello,

I am trying to count how much registers there are when an amount is greater or equal to the fractile of that group.

I have the next expression, it works but it responses with the total fractile and not with the fractile of the group.

if(P_95_Fr>=P_95,count({<AMOUNT={">=$(=fractile(AMOUNT,0.95))"}>}ACCOUNT),0)

Thanks for your help!!!!

expresion.png

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Set expression as well as your dollar sign expansion is evaluated once per chart, not per dimension value.

Try maybe something like

=Count( Aggr( If( AMOUNT >= Fractile(TOTAL<GROUP> AMOUNT,0.95), AMOUNT), GROUP, AMOUNT))

where you need to replace GROUP with your group dimension and maybe adapt the aggr() dimensions to your chart dimension list.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the idea!

I changed the logic of the expression but I continue with the same result, it compare with the total and not with the fractile of the dimension.

=Aggr(count({<AMOUNT={">=$(=fractile(TOTAL <FIELD> AMOUNT,0.95))"}>}FIELD2),FIELD)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

yes, as said, set analysis is not the way to go here.

Have you also tried my suggested expression?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried it. Only I changed the expression based on your suggestion. I didn't change the dimension because I don't understand what you want to mean in "and maybe adapt the aggr() dimensions to your chart dimension list."

With this, the result has changed but not it is the correct.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small sample QVW and your requested results (for example in an excel file)?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help!!!

I found the solution by Sunny T.

Re: Is It Possible filter in one expression with the value got it in other one?