Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis Query - Using Data Island on Table

Hi All,

I hope I'm explaining myself correctly here. I have an application where I'd like to show the count of ProjectElement.Id where the created month (ProjectElement.MonthNameCreated) equals my master calendar month (Cal.MonthName), and the selected category (Product.Category.Name) equals my master category selector (Category.CategoryName).

I'm going to be extending this out soon to also look at the completed month, hence my use of master calendar here.

What I've got so far, is the set analysis on a table for the monthname, but it doesn't pay attention to the dimension and sums across all the values for the month. What I would expect for the month of January is:

MonthCategoryValue
January 2017Baby7
January 2017Facial25
January 2017Fem1
January 2017Household13
January 2017Medical0
January 2017Moist Toilet Tissue1
January 2017Other0
January 2017Personal Care1
January 2017Pet Care0

But instead, unless I select the individual month, the table shows 62.

Ideally, I'd like to have this for all months, so this should show February, March, etc..

I think the set analysis needs to be something like:

count({<Element.Name = {'Launch'}, ProjectElement.MonthNameCreated= (Cal.MonthName), Product.Category.Name= (Category.CategoryName)>} DISTINCT ProjectElement.Id)

... but this doesn't return any results.

Can someone please help me!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Set analysis won't work here... may be try with if statement

Count({<Element.Name = {'Launch'}>} DISTINCT If(ProjectElement.MonthNameCreated = Cal.MonthName, ProjectElement.Id))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Set analysis won't work here... may be try with if statement

Count({<Element.Name = {'Launch'}>} DISTINCT If(ProjectElement.MonthNameCreated = Cal.MonthName, ProjectElement.Id))

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Looks good, thanks Sunny!