Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Syntax for comparing two date fields as a OR statement not working

I would like to perform the following simple SQL or condition within  Qlik:

SELECT Count(1)

FROM  FactTable

WHERE  (SaleDate BETWEEN 20160501  AND 20160531

OR    [QuoteDate] BETWEEN 20160501 AND 20160531)

i.e simple or condition. I am using the inbuilt calendar liked to SaleDate so this calls for set Analysis.  However I am missing a couple of records due to the "or" statement failing:

RowNoQuoteDateSaleDate

If I base it upon my logic on the Quote date (equal to MAY 2016) I miss the first row which should be included as the sale date is in MAY. If I base my logic on the Sale date I miss rows 2 and 3 which  should be included as the quote took place in MAY hence the OR.

What I have in Qlikview is:

=Count ({$< YearMonth =  {"$(=Date(QuoteDate,'YYYY-MM'))"},Year=,FiscalYear=,Month=,WeekDay=,Quarter= > +
<
YearMonth =  {"$(=Date(SaleDate,'YYYY-MM' ))"},Year=,FiscalYear=,Month=,WeekDay=,Quarter=>} IsSale

YearMonth is  2016-05 created from the selected year and month. No other date selections are made or available. By the way I have converted the dates to proper dates in the loads script. Sumof ISsale are Sales, Count of IsSale are quotes.

Simply stated  what I want is to include all quotes where the QuoteDate OR the saleDate match the selected (YearMonth e.g. ‘2016-05’) ignoring all date related sections so I am left with the full set of date related data to make the comparison .

Many Thanks in Advance & Kind Regards

Mike

12 Replies
mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Ruben -

I don't understand what the -*  is for on the end of a couple of the statements just before the }

=Count({<QuoteDate={"$(=Date(Max(SaleDate),'YYYY-MM'))-*"},

SaleFiscalYear=,SaleWeekDay=,SaleQuarter=, SaleMonth= >  +

<SaleDate={"$(=Date(Max(SaleDate),'YYYY-MM'))-*"}, SaleFiscalYear=,SaleWeekDay=,SaleQuarter=, SaleMonth= >} IsSale)

Can you explain what that is doing?

rubenmarin

Hi Mary, that's the string used to search, and the '*' is a wildcard to look for all combitanion of characters, ie: using "2018-10-*", filters dates starting by '2018-10-', wich will be all dates for october 2018.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Text_search_and_numeric_...

viradia123
Contributor
Contributor

I am comparing this way. Am I doing wrong?

Count({<[FIELD_NAME_1] = {'VALUE1'}, [DATE_FILED_1] -= {'[DATE_FILED_1] <= [DATE_FILED_12])'}>} COUNT_FIElD_NAME)