Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis using expression-based variables

All,

I'm trying to create a graph that will parse out up to 4 picks made by a user from a list box and haven't had much luck.  As you can see in the attached file (Test.qvw), when all items are selected within the listbox, my text boxes are picking up the individual, selected values.  However, when I try and assign those values to a variable and use them in an expression, I seem to be having a problem as the expression doesn't evaluate properly (The 1st blue box above the graph when 'A' is selected shouldn't evaluate to 0.)

What am I doing wrong?  Can this not be done in QV currently?  Is there a better way that 4 separate values from the same list box can be comparatively graphed?   I'm relatively new to QlikView and even newer still to Set Analysis functionality.   Thanks much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Do you need to use set analysis? if you simply used 'Letter' as a 2nd dimension, and just have the one expression, the chart will show whatever is selected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
c_gilbert
Creator II
Creator II

Do you need to use set analysis? if you simply used 'Letter' as a 2nd dimension, and just have the one expression, the chart will show whatever is selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your solution is simple and easy to implement.  It's apparent that I was over-thinking this.   Thanks so much!