Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with Concat

Hello. I have a chart (straight table) with columns region, warehouse, item and quantity. I'm trying to add a new column that shows, for each item, a concatenation of all warehouses that have the item in stock (Qty > 0). I'm getting hung up in the Aggr function or set analysis. The list keeps changing when different selections are made. Can someone have a look? See attached. Thanks.

21 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If(Sum(Qty) > 0,

Concat({1} TOTAL<Item> Aggr( If(sum({1} Qty)>0, Only({1}Warehouse)), Region, Item, Warehouse), ','))

Not applicable
Author

This is closer except now it's hiding the 0 quantity lines...

sunny_talwar

You might also need to ignore selection in Region for If(Sum(Qty) > 0 check also...

If(Sum(Qty) > 0, Concat({<Region>}TOTAL <Item> Aggr(If(Sum({<Region>}Qty) > 0, Only({<Region=,Warehouse={"=sum({<Region=,Warehouse=>} Qty)>0"}>} Warehouse)), Region, Warehouse, Item), ', '))

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

You want to see 0 qty lines as well?

Concat({<Region>}TOTAL <Item> Aggr(If(Sum({<Region>}Qty) > 0, Only({<Region=,Warehouse={"=sum({<Region=,Warehouse=>} Qty)>0"}>} Warehouse)), Region, Warehouse, Item), ', ')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, I am a little confused what you want to see in which column.

I guess, by now you should have a toolbox of possible expressions and set analysis expressions to chose from, if Sunny's last two suggested expressions didn't already make it.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Remove If(Sum(Qty) > 0 from Stefan's reply...

Concat({<Warehouse,Item >} TOTAL<Item> Aggr( If(sum({<Region=,Warehouse=>} Qty)>0, Warehouse), Item, Warehouse), ',')

sunny_talwar

Hahahahaha

We (especially me) went blazing to provide a solution, without full knowing what was needed exactly

Not applicable
Author

I tried that. Now the chart doesn't respond to selections.

The problem with all of these solutions, and the same problem I had originally, is that making different selections (on a warehouse or an item) changes the concatenated list. Item E3, for instance, should show "Houston, Warsaw" on all three lines (even on the Paris line even though it's zero stock) and regardless of what's selected.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe something like

=Aggr(

Concat({1} TOTAL<Item> Aggr( If(sum({1} Qty)>0, Only({1}Warehouse)), Region, Item, Warehouse), ',')

,Region,Item,Warehouse)

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please try the following

Aggr(NODISTINCT Concat({<Region=,Warehouse={"=aggr(sum({<Region=,Warehouse=>} Qty),Warehouse,Item)>0"}>} Warehouse, ','), Item)