Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis within Set Analysis

I have an expression.

=Count({<Hierarchy_level_1={'Business'}>}Document_Number)

I want to replace the set analysis with "Select all the document number where Hierachy Level 1 is Buisness".

The reason I am doing this is because there are values in  Hierarcy level 2  which dont come under Hierarchy Level 1 "Buisness". But these Hierarchy level 2 values have Document numbers associated with them that come under "Business". when someone selects a Hierarchy level that dose not associate with  Hierarchy Level 1 "Buisness" will show data for all the Document number common Between   Hierarchy level 2  selection and the ones that come under  Hierarchy Level 1 "Buisness".

I have written the Following set analysis foe the same but it dosent seem to work.

=COunt({$<[Document Number]=P({$<[Hierarchy Level 1]={'Procurement'}>}[Document Number])>}distinct[Document Number])

can anyone please help. Its very urgent.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Count({$<[Document Number] = P({$<[Hierarchy Level 1] = {'Business'}, [Hierarchy Level 2]>}[Document Number])>} DISTINCT [Document Number])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For better under standing of the problem I have tried to simplify it below:

suppose field Hierarchy level 1 has a value 'Business'. Anothwer fiel 'document number' has values 1,2,3,4,5 associated with this hierarchy Level 1 ='Business ' . Now suppose some one selects a value from field Hierarchy Level 2 has a value 'X' and this 'X' dosent come under hierarchy Level 1 'Business '(It becomes grey when  hierarchy Level 1 ='Business ) . but This X has document number 2,3 associated with it. 

Now if some one selects this   Hierarchy Level 2 'X' the data should be shown for  document number 2,3. 
But if I write this expression

=count({<Hierarchy Level 1 ={'Business'}>}Document_number)

this expression will give '0' as output as Hierarchy Level 2 'X' dosent come under Business. So instead I am trying to bring the document number associated with the Hierarchy level 1 Business. Something like this.

=Count({$<[Document Number]=P({$<[Hierarchy Level 1]={'Business'}>}[Document Number])>}distinct[Document Number]).

I am expecting this set analysis to give me THe Docuemnt numbers associated with Business.So it becomes something like this:

=Count({<Document Number = {1,2,3,4,5}>}Document Number). If this works and Some one selects Hierarchy Level 2 'X'. The data should be shown as Hierarchy Level 2 'X'' as Document number 1,2 associated with it.

but its not working

sunny_talwar

Try this

=Count({$<[Document Number] = P({$<[Hierarchy Level 1] = {'Business'}, [Hierarchy Level 2]>}[Document Number])>} DISTINCT [Document Number])