Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaga_69
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis

Hi,

I am again struggling with the set analysis in Qlik 😕

I would like to replace  in the following formula the '201701'  by the the last 12 months:

sum({1<YearMonth={201701}>}Product_Sales) // itworks 

To calculate the last 12 months I used:

date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM')  /it works

However, when trying to replace 201701 by the last 12 months formula above, it did not work...

Any idea?

Thanks

P.S: YearMonth it is field from my Fact table. I used "1" identifier because I wanted to ignore all selections 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you want last year of same month, Just use like

sum({1<YearMonth={"$(=date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM'))"}>}Product_Sales)

If you want last year of same month to this this month, Just use like

sum({1<YearMonth={">=$(=date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM'))<=$(=date(=Max(YearMonth, 'YYYYMM')))"}>}Product_Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

My understanding is that you want all data from a year ago till max year

Try below.  

sum({1<YearMonth={">=$(date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM'))"}>}Product_Sales)

jlongoria
Creator
Creator

This is not a direct answer, but I think reading/reviewing the link below will give ideas on how to proceed. I found this extremely helpful when I was working on a project that needed analysis of data over time periods: 

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2012/01/easy-period-analysis-using-qlikview-components/

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you want last year of same month, Just use like

sum({1<YearMonth={"$(=date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM'))"}>}Product_Sales)

If you want last year of same month to this this month, Just use like

sum({1<YearMonth={">=$(=date(addmonths((date#(max(YearMonth),'YYYYMM')),-12),'YYYYMM'))<=$(=date(=Max(YearMonth, 'YYYYMM')))"}>}Product_Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thank you! the first expression was what I was exactly looking for 🙂

In the he second one, I did not get your idea.

One comment: 

the following formula when nothing is selecting in the Filter Pane (YearMonth) it brings the sales for the maximum (YearMonth - 12). Is there anyway when a period is selecting to show nothing or zero?

Best regards,

Edi

Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

I realized that just deleting the "max" function of the formula, it brings 0 when selecting nothing in the filter pane.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I apologies for late reply, Glad we were able to help and found your self.