Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis

I am working on what i thought was a simple function.  As you can see in the chart below I am looking at categories accounts.  My first column is the sum of everything, I would like my second column to be anything that is APV and APV only, the third column is to have everything except APV.

I thought set analysis was the way to go but my numbers are not right.  Can someone let me know if i am proceeding correctly with my calculations below?

Sum([Detl Amt])

sum({$<[Account Category] = P({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category])>}[Detl Amt])

sum({$<[Account Category] = E({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category])>}[Detl Amt])

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be one of these

1)

Sum({$<[Jnl Cd] = {'APV'}>} [Detl Amt])

Sum({$<[Jnl Cd] -= {'APV'}>} [Detl Amt])

2)

Sum({$<[Account Category] = P({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category]), [Jnl Cd] = {'APV'}>}[Detl Amt])

Sum({$<[Account Category] = E({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category]), [Jnl Cd] -= {'APV'}>}[Detl Amt])

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be one of these

1)

Sum({$<[Jnl Cd] = {'APV'}>} [Detl Amt])

Sum({$<[Jnl Cd] -= {'APV'}>} [Detl Amt])

2)

Sum({$<[Account Category] = P({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category]), [Jnl Cd] = {'APV'}>}[Detl Amt])

Sum({$<[Account Category] = E({1<[Jnl Cd]={'APV'}>}[Account Category]), [Jnl Cd] -= {'APV'}>}[Detl Amt])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny;

Im not sure where i went wrong, i have not seen the -=, which i will assume is equivalent to <> in SQL?

How do you know when to extend the analysis to include that syntax.  It looks like you put a set analysis inside a set analysis.

sunny_talwar

i will assume is equivalent to <> in SQL?

This is right

How do you know when to extend the analysis to include that syntax.  It looks like you put a set analysis inside a set analysis.

I am not sure I follow your question.... which of the two expressions worked for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

crazy enough, both sets yielded the same results.

So I see on my example i sent i over thought it as the first set worked.

But the second set worked as well and I am trying to understand why that also worked.  I like that the first set worked, just curious as maybe the second set may come in handy for other analysis.

sunny_talwar

Based on different data sets and requirements the two set might give different answers. Do you have single or multiple Jnl Cd per Account Category?