Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis with variable in bar chart

I have two variables set up:

• vMonthHrs = Interval((Max([SchedDate])-Min([SchedDate])+1) //this gives the number of hours in each month
  • vDownTime = Interval(Sum({<QState={'Off'}>}QTime))

I then have a bar chart for the year with a dimension of MonthYear and two expressions:

• Uptime=Interval($(vMonthHrs)-$(vDownTime))
  • Downtime=Interval($(vDownTime))

which appears to work perfectly if I select all the months.

What I need is to just select February and have it still show the bars ... so ignore the Month selection. However when I try to add set analysis ({<Month>} which is what works in all the other charts without variables) I get "No data to display".

I've clearly not quite gotten the hang of set analysis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

You need to put ({<Month>} in all the aggregation functions, can you share your final expression?

May be like this -

• vMonthHrs = Interval((Max({<Month>}[SchedDate])-Min({<Month>}[SchedDate])+1) //this gives the number of hours in each month
  • vDownTime = Interval(Sum({<QState={'Off'},Month>}QTime))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You need to put ({<Month>} in all the aggregation functions, can you share your final expression?

May be like this -

• vMonthHrs = Interval((Max({<Month>}[SchedDate])-Min({<Month>}[SchedDate])+1) //this gives the number of hours in each month
  • vDownTime = Interval(Sum({<QState={'Off'},Month>}QTime))
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. It hadn't occurred to me to put the set analysis in the variable definition.