Not applicable

Set analysis

Hi,

we are displaying 5 years of sales

2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015     Total

Japan    20       40      50     60      70      50         

USA      30      30     40       50       60      80

Requirement:

1)when i select 2015 sales it should show only 2015 sales ant that total only other should display as zero

2)if no selections are there  that should display 5 years sales

thanks

16 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It should be possible to show all dimensional values even when you select a specific one by enabling

'Show all Values' on Dimensions tab of chart properties.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply

ok but how to write set analysis expression eg.if i selected 2015 it showld only show 2015 .onlu current selectioniw would be help full if any sample application,thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand. If you enable 'Show all Value' for year dimension and then select 2015, you should see all year dimension values (not reduced to 2015), but the expression should return the value only for 2015 and zero for all other years. I think this should fulfill your requirements:

Requirement:

1)when i select 2015 sales it should show only 2015 sales ant that total only other should display as zero

2)if no selections are there  that should display 5 years sales

If it doesn't, please clarify your requirements and post some sample records or a sample QVW that demonstrate your setting.

sunny_talwar

May be a little different approach then Stefan's way, but seems to be working

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Expression: =If(Sum({1} Sales) > 0, Sum(Sales))

Capture.PNG

Make sure to uncheck 'Suppress Zero-Values' on the presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

hi sunny,

i  my case i i wrote different expression for different year it's not working in my case

PFA

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are using different expressions, you can enable the conditional expression feature on expression tab and set a conditon to enable / disable each expression maybe like

=Sum({<Year *= {2015} >} 1)

as an example for the condition for the expression for year 2015.

edit:

Or since you want to show the columns all the time, but zero the expressions for excluded years:

Don't use the conditional expression, but change your set expression from

=Sum({<Year = {2015} >} Value)

to

=Sum({<Year *= {2015} >} Value)

Note again the intersection operator *

sunny_talwar

Do you have to use straight table? Pivot table is not an option? Check if the attached is helpful

Not applicable
Author

thanks.

its working fine but small doubt

1)if my user want to see last 10 months of ofsales in straight or pivote table with total.

like if he selected Mar 16 month in filter. he should see March month sales else with out selection  he want to see 10 month of sales like june 2015 mar 2015 (10 months of data in 10 columns)

in this senario is it work.

sorry for asking many Questions

sunny_talwar

I don't think your attached application have data for Mar 2016? Is there a better sample you can share?