Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting drop down for buttons

Hi,all

i have 3 created buttons like

Bar chart,pie chart,straight table if i click on bar chart then the information will show in bar ,and same for pie,straight table 

that i created

i want these 3 bar,pie,straight table in drop down with select as caption is it possible

please reply me

thanks in advance

Regards

hemesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

Yes, its possible.

try like this:

create a inline table in the script

LOAD * inline

[

Selection

Bar

Pie

Straight Table

];

now in the respective chart >go to >chart Properties> layout >show> condition> apply condition like

if(getfieldselection(Select)='Bar',1,0)

similarly apply the same for other charts too.

NOTE: If your showing only one chart at a time or at the same position , than you will make single select option or ensure always only one values is selected

View solution in original post

6 Replies
avinashelite

Yes, its possible.

try like this:

create a inline table in the script

LOAD * inline

[

Selection

Bar

Pie

Straight Table

];

now in the respective chart >go to >chart Properties> layout >show> condition> apply condition like

if(getfieldselection(Select)='Bar',1,0)

similarly apply the same for other charts too.

NOTE: If your showing only one chart at a time or at the same position , than you will make single select option or ensure always only one values is selected

maxgro
MVP
MVP

If I understand you can use a Single Object container (3 charts) with Appearance "Dropdown at top"

sumeet-vaidya
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

As per my understanding, you could use the fast change property of an object to view it in any type of chart. Instead of creating 3 separate object, you can view it in a single object.

Go to Chart Properties > General > Fast Type Change

You can check as many types available which would then appear at the Top Right side of the Chart.

Regards

Sumeet

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

You can go with container if you want to show a same chart in different ways means . But changing with resspect to fields you can go with Avinashelite‌ .

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

tell me how can i achieve that

avinashelite

new object>Select Container

Then go to Container Properties >Add the bar, pie  chart  and straight table >go to caption>give the title you want