Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Shared File Disappeared

Hi,

I have a document that seems to be "stucked" in the QMC User Documents view. The problem seems to be because I moved the document to a sub folder in order to organize things. Now I still see the document listed on QMC in the "root" folder, but I can't give any access to the document or any thing. No matter what I do with the document in QMC just disappears once I have clicked "Apply".

When I look in the Event log, I see a lot of entries regarding this file - most of them "Warning File: Shared File Disappeared: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\OLAP_USAGE.QVW.Shared.".

The files doesn't exists in the "Document" folder on the server so I'm a little lost as to how the server still see this file? Is it contained in a file somewhere? I have tried to restart the services, but that doesn't make any difference.

I'm still fairly new to Qlikview so I'm still not that familar in how Qlikview organizes this so any help is appreciated.

Regards

Steen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Recreate a QVW that has the same name and put it in the same location.  Removed all jobs and CALs from the document.  Then delete the qvw.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Recreate a QVW that has the same name and put it in the same location.  Removed all jobs and CALs from the document.  Then delete the qvw.

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Josh,

I have tried this but that doesn't help. It's a little weird because when I copy/recreate the files in the original folder, it shows the document correctly in QMC. I can also apply licenses etc. and all works fine. If I then copy all the files to the new folder and delete them from the old folder, then the "old" document still appears in the QMC. Now I just can't do anything with the document - e.g. if I try to apply a license it just disappears when I click "Apply".

When I open up the Events log, I also see error about "Shared File Disappeared: C:\.......". It's the same file name as the file I've just tried to recreate, so I can't figure out why it still complains about it.

I don't know where QMC keeps it's list of documents but it seems like there are something that isn't being cleared our correctly. I have of course tried to restart the services, but that doens't make any difference so I think it must stick in a file somewhere?

Regards

Steen

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

That's strange.  I would recommend you put in a help ticket with Support.  They may have seen this behaviour before and know how to fix it.  If they do fix it please post the solutions so others will know what to do.

Not applicable

I have issue which is like this:

1) When I click on my most important QVW today in the QMC to add a user, I find the right hand side of the QMC as blank. It shows absolutely nothing so that I can add a Named User. This QVW also have more than 500 Doc CAL's assigned.

2) I can understand that there is possible corruption in the .shared or .meta files for this QVW which is causing this issue, as other QVW's in the same mount point is working fine.

3) When I copy the same QVW in a different mount point it works fine. Same QVW with a slight change in name in the same mount point works fine too.

4) My question is how can I recover my Doc CAL's? Should I delete this QVW and the .shared & .meta files from the mount folder. And then again update the mount folder with a QVW with the same name as the culprit QVW. Will that help me recovering the Doc CAL's? If not, what's the way?

Best Regards.

Tutan

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have now had Support to look into this and it turned out to be a "known" issue. There is an article about it, and here you have the suggested solutions if any one ever come across a similar problem -

There are 3 ways to resolve this problem, Based on the CALs quantity, you can apply the best possible solution:

Resolution 1:

1. Stop the QlikView Server service.
  2. Add PgoAsXmlAlso=1 under [Settings 7]  in the Settings.ini file located in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer (default location)
  3. Restart the QlikView Server service
  4. Navigate to Root Directory and Open the CalData.pgo.xml file to determine to which document the CALs were assigned
  5. Create a new blank QVW file named the same as document listed in CalData.pgo.xml & save it in the Root directory
  6. In Management Console, navigate to Documents > User Documents and locate QWV created in the previous step
  7. Click Document CALs tab and set Number of CALs allocated to this Document to zero and click Apply

Note: This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are HIGH in number.

Resolution 2:

1. Stop QVS and QMS as when you remove files it might still remain in the memory,
  2. And then delete both caldata.pgo file under the "user documents" and also "ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer"
  3. Restart the services

Note:This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are in LOW in number.

Resolution 3:

Clear the license information and reapply again

Note:This resolution can be applied where the assigned CALs are in LOW in number.

Regards

Steen