Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Show 50 columns in Straight Table in Qlikview

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which I want to add 50 dimensional columns in straight table as user want a data dump , if I use table box then they will not be able to pass the dates through variable and they have a requirement to pass the dates as From and To Dates and if I use straight table then I have to add expressions for dimensions and for that if I am using Only function then it will return null for non unique values , so what should I do. I am attaching a sample by taking one as dimension and one as expression and I want to have all values in expression.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I suggest to use a tablebox and they users just select their wanted period of dates/times. You may provide them a variety of (in the master-calendar and/or an extra as-of-table) pre-defined periods which are usually used like YTD, MTD, rolling n days/month, whatever ... to simplify the selection - everything else could be selected with classical listboxes, maybe directly on the date just by using operators like: >=date1<=date2.

As an alternatively you may use those variables and/or other selections to trigger a selection-action. But honestly I wouldn't use it. Nearly all ways to implement an own intelligence method (macros, actions, variables, ...) to select/filter data is clearly defeated from the native Qlik logic of selecting the wanted views.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

it sounds like you have an expression that is driven by date.  normally you would add all 50 dimensions (under the dimension tab and not as expression - you used only() in your sample) and the expression that is date driven. 

you need to test this that all dimensions are applicable to teh expression else you need to add additional expressions that covers all dimensions.  if all your dimensions are in one table then you may not have this issue

ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

But if I have all the dimensions and one expression then the scroll will not appear and they will have scroll at the bottom not in the straight table which they are not ready for so I want to add dimensions as expressions to have scroll in the table and to have date expression to work.

marcus_sommer

I suggest to use a tablebox and they users just select their wanted period of dates/times. You may provide them a variety of (in the master-calendar and/or an extra as-of-table) pre-defined periods which are usually used like YTD, MTD, rolling n days/month, whatever ... to simplify the selection - everything else could be selected with classical listboxes, maybe directly on the date just by using operators like: >=date1<=date2.

As an alternatively you may use those variables and/or other selections to trigger a selection-action. But honestly I wouldn't use it. Nearly all ways to implement an own intelligence method (macros, actions, variables, ...) to select/filter data is clearly defeated from the native Qlik logic of selecting the wanted views.

- Marcus