Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III

Show Conditional Sheet for Users

Hello,

I need to show a particular sheet for specific users. I'm trying to use something like:

=WILDMATCH(OSUser(),Concat(DISTINCT UserList,', ')

But it doesn't work. Do you know how could I do that?

OSUser() is my user, for example User03

The Field UserList contains all Users, for example: User01, User02, User03, User07

Thanks

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access;

ACCESS, USERID

X

Y

Z

Section application;

Star is *;

UserID,Tab

X,  Sales

Y,   Share,

....Z,  *

Users with Sales access or  all sheets access by

(SubStringCount(MaxString(Tab),'SALES')>0 or SubStringCount(MaxString(Tab),'*')>0)

karthiksrqv
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Please refer to this thread:

WildMatch not working

You'll need to use Dollar Sign Expansion.

Also, wildmatch will return a 0 if the user is not found in the list, you'll have to put this into the 'Conditional' part of the Sheet Properties > General setting.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Micro,

look at this great post, i am sure you can solve your issue,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LimUIy164d4

i hope that helps

beck

avinashelite

Try like this

=WildMatch(OSUser(),$(=chr(39)&Concat(DISTINCT UserList,chr(39)&','&chr(39))&chr(39)))

sunny_talwar

May be this

SubStringCount('|' & Concat(DISTINCT UserList, '|,|') & '|', '|' & SubField(OSUser(), '\', -1) & '|') = 1

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hello,

Try this,

= WildMatch(OSUser(), $(=Concat( DISTINCT chr(39) & '*' & UserList & '*' & chr(39) ,  ', '))) >0

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Sunny,

You forgot to inform that UserList field names should match exactly with the OSUser i.e case sensitive.

sunny_talwar

But I didn't see that in OPs intial post that his UserList may not have correct casing? If it won't be, then I guess you are right... but something like a username, I would expect to have been copy and pasted from a database which I would expect to have correct casing....

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Sunny I just mentioned it so that we will be on the safer side in case of unexpected scenario.

Cheers