Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show totals in Straight Table Chart

Hi,

I have a table chart as illustrated below:

The chart allows drill down to data for specific dates. I'm calculating some of the columns. My problem is some of the calculated columns do not give a grand total when at the highest level of the chart, but if I drill down the column correctly totals the column. Can anyone advise what I'm missing in my qvw?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Wow! I didn’t realize Qlikview had such features. In case you haven’t guessed, I’m very new to QV. My Company brought it a few months ago, but it was the “baby” of one executive. AS of a few weeks ago, I became the default QV guru. I understand basics bit I’m getting up to speed on advanced functions, expressions, etc. I really appreciate the help and advice.

Sincerely,

Bernard Smith | SQL Report Developer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See chart properties in the attached file, tab Expressions.  Notice Conditional check box and the condition below it.

Also notice the nature of expression itself - I used only(Amount) by purpose so it doesn't return expression total unless only one location is selected.
The way is to use sum(Amount), there will be no need for this trick.  This is what's Gysbert Wassenaar means.  I'm sure there is a way to fix your expression.

Not applicable
Author

Michael, Gysbert, Thank you for the advice. I'm going to take your suggestions and work with them for a bit. I'm also reviewing my load script and overall data model.  I'll upload a copy of my app later today with results. Again, I thank you both for the valuable advice. I hope to hear from you again!