Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Soft Coding Folder Paths

Hi All

I would like to know how I can soft code folder paths and files paths which I am using as sources in my QlikView documents.               I want to prevent my documents from failing if these paths are changed for any reason.

How can I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You may have to replace the above fully qualified path with a vaiable. in the variable you have to define the path based on your source and destination qvws folder paths. if both are always in similar folder structure you just have to consider the folder structure orginated from your qvw path.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Best practice for coding is maintain standard folder strucutre for your qlikview projects.

and Define the generic variables for qvd,qvw,source,configuration file  paths as below. These variables will not consider your source drive(like C:\ or D:\) or any static folder path. These variables identify other folders based on you qvw path.

Capture.JPG

Set

vMasterQVD = '..\Master QVDs\';
Set vFactQVD = '..\Fact QVDs\';
Set vSourceFiles = '..\Source Files\';

use above variables as prefix to your file names in load statements.

Hope this helps,

BR,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chinna

Thanks for your reply. How would I write this in your format?

This was written by another developer so I want to make sure it's dynamic.

Load....

FROM  (XmlSimple, Table is [DocumentSummary/VariableDescription])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You may have to replace the above fully qualified path with a vaiable. in the variable you have to define the path based on your source and destination qvws folder paths. if both are always in similar folder structure you just have to consider the folder structure orginated from your qvw path.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much!