Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bastorizzel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Some users can't move objects on access point, but resize works

Hi,

I have following scenario:

Some users (two so far) can't move objects in all their apps on the access point, although all the corresponding settings in the object, sheet, document and server properties are checked. Furthermore they can resize the objects. So it cannot be a settings issue because move and resize share the same checkbox.

Do you know this issue and have found a solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sebastian

Short update:

The objects can be moved by arrow keys but not by mouse.

The issue only appears with windows 8.1.

15 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sebastian,

you can try to enable the Setting (Layout>Options)with your application and run you application in Access Point.

i hope that helps

Beck

bastorizzel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Beck,

thank you very much for your reply, but the checkbox is set correctly as well as the checkboxes of the objects, sheets and server.

Have a nice day

Sebastian

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sebastian.

did you make any selection in document properties : in Folder Server and Security

kindly

Beck

bastorizzel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No special selections were chosen there.

The issue affects only two users with no different permissions then the other users who don't have problems moving objects. Furthermore the case occured from one day to the next. I assume there is a problem with the windows version and the IE plugin...

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

ok, if you have any results regarding this matter, please let me know

kindly

Beck

bastorizzel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We asked Qlik Support and they confirmed, that their is a glitch with the recent windows 8 update. No fix so far. As a makeshift the objects can be moved by arrow keys.

rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, any news on this issue? I also noticed that users can't move objects with mouse but can move them with arrows. Problem is that in that way, even if I disable moving object in it's properties, user can move it with arrows! I can only disable moving objects in whole sheet or in whole document. I can't disable only one object on sheet...

And i'm using windows 10 so problem exists on win 8.1 and 10...

Not applicable

If you press CTL and move the object with the mouse it makes a copy of the object and moves it. If you press ALT and use the mouse it moves the object

rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem is that it does not work with IE plugin. Not on windows 10 or windows 8.1. It works fine on windows 7.